There are ways to prevent and treat adult acne so you can rid yourself of the problem once and for all. It is bad enough when you are a teenager and you have to deal with acne but when you are an adult and you have to deal with embarrassing breakouts it is just awful. As an adult the reasons that you may be breaking out are the very same reasons that a teenager develops acne.
There are a few different culprits that can be responsible for acne regardless of your age when it happens:
Hormones are a very common culprit especially during puberty but not exclusively during puberty. If you notice that acne seems to appear during your monthly cycle then you are likely dealing with hormonal acne.
For some people it is stress that triggers the acne. If you notice that when you are feeling anxious, worried or upset about something your skin breaks out then your acne may be triggered by stress. You are what you eat and your diet may be triggering your acne. Diets that are unbalanced or that are lacking in nutrition can cause acne. If you are not using the right skin care approach you may be causing your acne. If you are not diligent about cleansing your face it can cause breakouts. For some people they have sensitive skin and acne is a reaction to products they are using.
There is one thing for sure about adult acne, it is typically a sign that something is out of balance with your body. You may have to make some adjustments to prevent and treat adult acne.
The Ways To Prevent and Treat Adult Acne –Prevention First
Prevention is far better than treatment. If you can take the steps to stop the cause of the acne breakouts it is always best to take those steps. Here are some ways to prevent adult acne:
- Know your skin-have your skin evaluated by a professional so you can come up with a skin care regimen that is right for your skin. If you go for a facial the person that does your facial can tell you what type of skin you have and then you can use products that are meant for your type of skin.
- Eat right-one of the best ways battle adult acne is to eat a balanced diet. A diet that can feed your skin will help you to avoid acne.
- Learn to cope with stress- a large majority of adults that suffer with break outs do so in response to unprocessed stress. Learning to process stress more productively can help you to prevent acne.
- Hormonal acne can be a bit harder to prevent but not impossible. One of the best ways to prevent hormonal acne is with exercise. Exercise helps to keep your hormones in balance.
The Ways to Prevent and Treat Adult Acne- The Treatments
It can be very tempting to over use products that are meant for the treatment of acne but one of the best ways to treat adult acne is to NOT over do the treatments. As an adult your skin is different than it was as a teenager. Your skin is already less hydrated. Overusing acne treatment products can dry your skin out further and open up a completely different range of problems.
For the treatment of adult acne:
- Wash your face twice a day but only use a cleanser one time a day. The other time just wash with warm water and a soft cloth.
- You can use over the counter acne medications but use them sparingly.
- Use a honey mask. Honey is a natural antibiotic that can help to reduce acne. Slather a mix of honey and baking soda (so it is a paste consistency) over your face. You can also mix honey and cinnamon (instead of baking soda) for some added power.
- Dab on some apple cider vinegar directly on to the bump. Apple cider vinegar will dry out the acne but will not damage the surrounding skin.
- Tea tree oil mixed at a rate of 1 part tea tree oil and 9 parts water can be applied to problem areas as well. Always dilute tea tree oil before use to avoid irritating your skin.
Treating acne as an adult can take a little extra effort but if you combine prevention and natural treatment practices with natural & organic skin care products you will be able to say goodbye to acne once and for all.