If you have ever tried over the counter or prescription treatments for acne, you know how harsh the chemicals they contain can be on your skin. Your dermatologist might tell you that natural acne treatments aren’t the best way to go, but the truth is that more people are turning to them than ever before. With that in mind, here are seven of the best natural acne remedies that you can try.
- Neem oil - Neem oil is extracted from the seeds and fruits of an evergreen tree called the neem, which is native to the Indian subcontinent. The oil can be different colors ranging from golden yellow to bright red, and it has natural antiseptic, antihistamine, and antifungal properties.
- Tea tree oil - Tea tree oil is an ingredient in some acne treatments, and for good reason. It has natural astringent and antibacterial properties, and can be useful as a topical application when diluted with water.
- Baking soda - You may have used baking soda as a remedy for insect bites, but did you know it can work as a treatment for acne, too? To use it, all you need to do is make a paste of baking soda and water and apply it as a mask. It exfoliates your skin, and as the mask dries, it draws out the impurities that can cause or contribute to acne.
- Apple cider vinegar - Apple cider vinegar is enjoying a lot of popularity right now, although it’s been around for centuries. It has natural antibacterial and antifungal properties, which makes it a good option for fighting acne. To use it, make sure to buy organic apple cider vinegar that is raw and unfiltered, and contains “the mother.” It can be rather harsh, so the best way to use it is to dilute it in water first, and apply it with a clean cotton ball.
- Egg whites - Like baking soda, egg whites make a very effective deep-cleaning mask that can help draw out impurities. To use them, simply separate the yolks from the whites and, using clean fingers, apply the egg white to your face. As it dries, you will feel it tighten as it clears out your pores. You can leave it on for up to an hour, and then rinse your face with warm water.
- Coconut oil - Unlike some other natural oils, coconut oil is light and absorbs easily into the skin. It also has natural antibacterial properties, so using it can help battle the bacteria that cause acne. Try using it in place of your regular moisturizer.
- Aloe Vera gel - Aloe Vera gel is extremely soothing to the skin and has natural antibiotic properties. If you decide to use it, try getting organic, unscented gel with no additives and apply it directly to the skin.
Our product, Organic Facial Glow Serum, contains Neem oil and Aloe Vera gel, making it a great natural acne treatment to try. Unlike some remedies out there, ours contains no harmful chemicals or additives. The combination of neem oil, Aloe Vera, and other ingredients gives your skin exactly what it needs to look and feel beautiful.